Sec. 4. (a) A person who:
(1) with intent to mislead public servants;
(2) in a five (5) year period; and
(3) in one (1) or more official proceedings or investigations;
Terms Used In Indiana Code 35-44.1-2-4
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
has knowingly made at least two (2) material statements concerning the person’s identity that are inconsistent to the degree that one (1) of them is necessarily false commits false identity statement, a Class A misdemeanor.
(b) It is a defense to a prosecution under this section that the material statements that are the basis of a prosecution under subsection (a) concerning the person’s identity are accurate or were accurate in the past.
(c) In a prosecution under subsection (a):
(1) the indictment or information need not specify which statement is actually false; and
(2) the falsity of a statement may be established sufficiently for conviction by proof that the defendant made irreconcilably contradictory statements concerning the person’s identity.
As added by P.L.126-2012, SEC.54.